- Do I have to use the WorkBC Employment Services Centre that is closest to my home?
Yes, you should use the WorkBC Employment Services Centre that is closest to your home. Please click here to find the office closest to you: www.workbc.ca/workbccentres/interactive_map.htm
- What are the office hours of the Employment Services Centre?
Monday-Wednesday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Thursday 8:30 am - 3:00 pm and Friday 8:30 am- 4:30 pm. Our offices are closed for all statutory holidays and therefore our office hours may differ around those times and will be posted on the website.
- Where are the Employment Services Centres located?
- Saanich - GT Hiring Solutions - 201, 3962 Borden Street, Victoria, BC
- Victoria - GT Hiring Solutions - 201, 1483 Douglas Street, Victoria, BC
- Victoria - GT Hiring Solutions - 102, 415 Gorge Road East Victoria, BC
- Can anyone use the Employment Service Centre?
Yes, anyone can use the Employment Services Centre. However, in order to access the services of the Employment Services Centre you need to be registered with us. See also next question.
- What’s involved in registering with an Employment Services Centre?
Registering with an Employment Services Centre is easy although the process varies somewhat depending on your employment status.
- I’ve just been laid off. Do I come to the Employment Services Centre to process my EI claim?
No. You need to connect with Service Canada either online at www.servicecanada.gc.ca , by phone 1.800.O CANADA (which will not allow you to file a claim but gives basic information on EI) or in person at Victoria Service Canada Office, 1401 Douglas Street, Victoria, BC.
- I have a disability but I’d really like to work. Can you help me?
Yes. Any unemployed Canadian can access our services. We have access to a variety of specialized services and staff to assist you with your employment goals.
Any unemployed Canadian has access to our services and WorkBC programs. Due to the large variety of programming and services offered, you are best served to connect with your local WorkBC office as each individual’s needs and requirements will be best answered by our team of Employment Professionals.